A pair of mid 18th century North Italian (Piedmont?) rococo polychrome girandoles, circa 1740
Each carved with high relief scrolls forming a pierced canopy at the top
The whole is surmounted by a polychrome foliate scroll and further enriched with entwining branches, leaves flowers and buds.
Height 112 cm
Width 43 cm
Provenance: with Mallett, London.
Illustrated in Mallett " Exceptional furniture and works of art ", 2010, pp. 142-143
Illustrated in Mallett, 2012 catalogue, where they feature in the famous yellow room of Ely House, pp 152-153